Wednesday, February 16, 2011

$3.75 eyeshadow review







I've really gotten into using shimmer eyeshadows (e/s) lately so when I saw this Profusion palette at Walgreens, I thought I would try it out. I normally use my Stila 5 color pearl e/s palette but I was looking to play with more colors. The Profusion e/s palette posted here is actually from one of those holiday sets that come with lipstick, lipglosses, eyeliners, brushes and a little black clutch. I always hesitate to buy these sets because I think the quality will suck. Well, getting this palette definitely taught me a lesson! I will never underestimate cheap looking or un-marketed makeup again! Anywhooo, the whole set was $3.75! It used to be maybe $14, then went down to $7.99 and is now half off that price. I only cared about the e/s and there were 72 little pans of eyeshadow total. I forgot to take pics so no pics here of the whole set but I will post one soon. The e/s remind me of Coastal Scents palettes in terms of packaging and size of pan.


I have to say, I am very impressed. The colors are very pale and not as pigmented as other e/s so you definitely have to use with a eye primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion. Here are pics of me with colors from the Profusion palette. Blending was a breeze and not as much fall out as I expected. I still can't believe I got the whole set for $3.75 so I guess the e/s would be about $1 each palette and there were two e/s palettes with 36 e/s in each making each pan about three cents each. Posted here is a photo of the one e/s palette I actually used on my eyes.


I purchased two sets at the Fitchburg Walgreens. I have also seen these at the Downtown Madison Walgreens here in WI. I stopped at the East Washington/Johnson Street Walgreens and University/Midvale Walgreens too but didn't see any there. I highly recommend this Profusions palette if you just want some nice colors to play with. I probably wouldn't buy at $14 but $3.75 was definitely a good price.

No comments: