Monday, March 7, 2011

Birthday Dream

I recently celebrated my birthday and of course, I got some awesome makeup gifts. Best gift was my Laura Mercier duo fiber fan brush- I ended up with two thanks to a good friend and my sig other. I use one for blush and one for cleaning up my face with loose powder.





I also got a MAC lipstick in Marquise d’ (Lustre) from the Wonderwoman collection. it is my to go lipstick right now because it so glamorous but natural. I use it for work then dress it up with gloss for night. Thanks Cua for that one!






Another fav gift was Korres Milk Proteins 3 in 1 Cleansing Emulsion. I have been on the hunt for more gentle cleansers- preferably those with lactose. Apparently, lactose helps to gently exfoliate dirt off your face without stripping your face of the natural oils- thus leaving you with a clean but non-drying face. I've been on this new search because I also discovered that the more you strip off the oils on your face, the more quickly your face tries to replenish the oil- thus leading to a more oily face and more breakouts. Anywho, the Korres cleanser is amazing. It takes off my makeup so good and all I have to do is pat it off with a nice clean towel.






Finally, I ordered myself the Urban Decay Naked Palette. It is super duper awesome and everything the reviews say it is. I have used it nearly everyday- it is amazing how many looks I can do with this neutral palette. Even the brush that comes with it is pretty good.



It was a great birthday. I had lots of friends come over for a nice dinner. I loved all the flowers I got too. Made me so happy to wake up and see them in my window for the past few weeks. People were such good sports and did whiskey shots for me. I love celebrating my birthday and can't wait for another year.

No comments: