Monday, October 25, 2010

Winter Skincare Regime



It's been quite windy today and my skin feels so grimy from all the dirt. All throughout summer, I was able to stick to a basic moisterizer with SPF. But with winter, I've been searching for a nourishing but creamy moisterizer for my ultra dry skin. Yesterday, I picked up a jar of M.A.C.'s Studio Moisture Cream. Just tried it today and so far, I love it. It's very moisterizing without feeling heavy. It also gives my skin a nice, radiant glow. Give me a few more days and I will let you know how my makeup sits on it.

Here are some tips for taking care of your skin in the winter. Cold and windy weather can dry out your skin so you need to use a good moisterizer that provides a protective barrier. I apply my moisterizer right after I shower or wash my face so as to seal in the moisture. You also want to take care of your lips so they don't get chapped and bleed. My everyday routine is to wet a cloth towel and scrub my lips in the morning and night. I then apply lip balm. My favorite lip balm is C.O. Bigelow's Lemon Lip Balm. For more intense lip care, make a small mix of sugar and petroleum jelly and rub in on your lips for a minute then wipe off. The sugar crystals will help peel away any chapped skin.

Stay warm this winter!

No comments: